Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Finding Joy in the Small Stuff

Here are some of the small things that I am grateful for this week:

My friend Blanca who came by this afternoon just to talk...she also brought me cookies and some maternity tops!! What a sweet college student - my prayer is that God takes our friendship to a deeper level.

Good time at church this weekend...even though we're few, we're having a great time worshiping Jesus. David did a good job with the message this week.

We had a blast at the pool party on Saturday - the memories live on. . . (on Facebook)

Three shower days - let me clarify - I don't enjoy needing a shower three times a day, but at least the water is working and I can get clean! (Next week's forecast includes a couple of 104 degree days)

Finding Joy in the BIG Stuff:

We are overjoyed that we have renters for the rest of this year!! Even better: our house will be used as a "ministry house". The Aletheia girls who will be living there will be doing all kinds of awesome outreach. Good timing b/c we will need the $ to support our precious little one who's coming VERY soon!

I am in my ninth month!! Knowing that in 3 weeks we will have a sweet little baby girl with us at all times seems surreal, hard-to-imagine, scary and too-good-to-be-true all at the same time. We are so grateful - especially for good health.

No comments: