Saturday, January 23, 2010
Oui! Learning French in Mexico
So yesterday I had the incredible experience of signing up for a college class in Mexico. What a day! Mark dropped me off at UNACH at 7am, when the offices opened. Well there was already a huge line snaking around the language department. . .so we estimated in might take a couple hours to do this thing. After waiting in line for a couple hours I called Mark and he brought me some reinforcements (water and pbj). After four (4!!!) hours of waiting, I finally got to the front to present my birth certificate and visa, and they gave me a number so that I could wait another two (2!!!) hours to select my schedule and pay for the class. WOW! Not the same online process we are used to in the US. . .But now I am officially a college student in Mexico! YEAH! I chose to take a French class b/c I love languages and I'm looking forward to learning another one - who knows it could be useful in the future. . .So this semester from 12 - 1pm, M - F that's where I will be. I hope this will be a great way to meet more college students and invite them to Bible studies. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a student ID that will make campus access easier. Please pray for this great opportunity to learn, be on-campus and be more involved with students!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment