I can´t believe it´s already the middle of February! So much has happened since our last post. . .The pictures below are from our weekend trip to see the monarch butterfly reserve in Michoacan, Mexico. There are millions of butterflies that migrate from the Great Lakes region of the U.S. and Canada to spend the winter in this forest in Mexico! It ended up being a 5-hour car ride, then a 1-hour hike into the forest to see the butterflies, but it was worth it! You just think about how amazing God is when you are in his beautiful creation.
Here I am on the trail with our friend Maricela and her sister Miriam.

Language School is still going well. Mark is getting pretty good at using imperfect, preterite and present perfect tenses, and we´re both learning new vocabulary and phrases, such as "le vamos a Mexico" which means we´re rooting for Mexico. We used that phrase last Wednesday when we went to Chili´s with our friends Sergio, Adam, Ana, and Fernando to watch the Mexico vs. USA fútbol game. Unfortunately the US won. We are continuing to build friendships through events like these.



1 comment:
I am so excited to see your blog! I added it to my favorites...praying for you all!
Post a Comment