Today as we did our normal rounds on campus, all the students seemed busy or unavailable to chat with two foreigners and I was thinking of how hard it is to be a witness for Christ. . .I looked over at a maintenance worker clearing brush and I envied his job! Then, Mark and I got into a great conversation with two girls, Dulce and Carla. They were open to talking to us and wanted to hear what the Bible has to say about salvation. After sharing the message of how we can be reconciled to God through Jesus, both girls admitted that they had heard something similar before but had never made a commitment to Christ. . .It was so easy to talk to them, and I instantly revoked my earlier wish to be cleaning the grounds because it is such a privilege to share Christ with the lost.
Later we headed over the School of Engineering for Bible study there. Eight students came and we had a great time talking about the topic "Managing Conflict". We feel so humbled by the students here who are so intelligent, and work so hard (many talk about not sleeping for several days just to complete their homework) that they would come to learn about the Bible from us. During our discussion of conflict we asked a non-Christian student his opinion about the topic, and he replied "I prefer to just to listen and learn when there's a topic I don't know much about". Praise God for open hearts that want to soak up the word!
Please pray this week for Dulce & Carla in the Business School, and Paco, Monica, Paola, Auss, and Alfredo in the School of Engineering!
2 comments:
These experiences are the ones you hold on to when there's a drought of good ones. Keep it up guys. I KNOW God's using you.
Steve
Amazing day in Tuxtla...people are getting excited about seeing, meeting and serving with you guys
Post a Comment